The Men’s Club
Men’s Club now registering new members! Learn more about the Men’s Club below and then register here.
The Men’s Club
The Men’s Club of St. Francis is formed around three general goals:
- Parish Support
- Social Fellowship
Essentially, we are here to do things useful to the parish, to support other organizations in our parish and/or community, and to have a little fun and fellowship in the process.
- As men of St Francis of Assisi we are committed to living the Mission of the Parish.
- We are committed to encouraging all men of the parish to work together in making St. Francis a strong faith community and enhance each man’s relationship with the parish.
- We are committed to giving our time, talents, skills, and experiences to all of our parishioners.
- We are committed to sharing, supporting, and being a community to each other.
- We reach out to others, particularly those in need, by following the example of St Francis, with the help of the Holy Spirit.
- We are committed to providing resources for boy scouts, eagle scouts, and special needs of the parish.
- We are committed to supporting annual events that promote faith sharing among the church community, such as, various fund raising events.
St. Francis Casino Night continues to be an amazing evening of fun and fellowship with parishioners and many guests. As a fundraiser, it has been a huge success raising over $120,000 for programs that include Mobile Loaves and Fishes, Youth Ministries and in particular, to help our sister parishes, St. Timothy’s and the Immaculate Conception Church. This year was our 10th Annual Casino Night and we raised a record $20,000.
Men’s Club BBQ Chicken
An institution at of St. Francis, the Men’s Club Chicken BBQ occurs 4 times a year, providing delicious chicken to parishioners and raising funds for the Boy Scouts and myriad of programs and projects throughout the parish.
Annual Golf Tournament
The Annual Men’s Golf Tournament is an enjoyable day on the course while raising money for college scholarships for the active youth at St. Francis.
The Men’s Club host a monthly Pancake Breakfast on the last Sunday of the month. It is free to attendees, though many generously donate to the event. We earmark any proceeds to a specific St. Francis ministry each month.
Through its activities the Men’s Club has provided financial support to:
- St. Timothy and Immaculate Conception Catholic Churches – an average of $9,300 per year in the last four years.
- Mobile Loaves and Fishes – an average of $4,200 per year.
- SFA Youth Ministries – an average of $4,200 per year.
- Boy Scouts – $2,000 annually.
- Scholarships – Eight $1000 scholarships awarded in the last three years (Golf Tournament)
The Men’s Club has also partnered with the Women’s Council and the Knights of Columbus to support events such as the Christmas in Assisi Dinner Dance, Ice Cream Social, and other events, and provide chicken dinners for the Parish Festival.
All these positive and helpful activities are fun events accomplished by the men of our parish and we would like to share this opportunity of fellowship with you.
Calendar of Events 2015–2016
Monthly Meetings | 2nd Tuesday of Each Month
2015 August 23 | BBQ Chicken & Sausage Cook & Membership Drive
2015 August 30 | Membership Drive
2015 October 4 (Festival) | BBQ Chicken & Sausage Cook
2016 January 17 | BBQ Chicken & Sausage Cook
2016 January 30 | Brisket Feed
2016 April 16 | Annual Golf Tournament
2016 May 7 | Casino Night
2016 May 22 | BBQ Chicken & Sausage Cook
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can belong? Men of the parish.
- When do we meet? The second Tuesday of the month. It starts at 6:30pm, with light snacks and libations, convenes at 7:00pm.
- Are meetings mandatory? No. But members are expected to stay connected and help when possible. (Meeting minutes and announcements are e-mailed to all members).
- How much does it cost? Membership dues are $20, plus you receive a Men’s Club hat (Shirts are available for purchase).
- How do I join? You may contact one of the officers, listed on this flyer, or complete a registration form at the parish office, or complete the form online.
Men’s Club Officers
President | Steve August | 210. 884. 3381 | saugust (at) satx.rr (dot) com
Vice-President | John Knape | 830. 931. 5215 | jknape (at) gmail (dot) com
Treasurer | Rick Hotard | 210. 621. 5993 | rickhotard (at) satx.rr (dot) com
Secretary | Carlos de la Garza | 210. 427. 1684 | cdelagar (at) gmail (dot) com
Want to join the Men’s Club? Click on the link below and register today!