The Men’s Club
Men’s Club is now registering new members! Learn more about the Men’s Club below and then register here.
The Men’s Club
The Men’s Club of St. Francis is formed around three general goals:
- Parish Support
- Social Fellowship
Essentially, we are here to do things useful to the parish, to support other organizations in our parish and/or community, and to have a little fun and fellowship in the process.
- As men of St Francis of Assisi we are committed to living the Mission of the Parish.
- We are committed to encouraging all men of the parish to work together in making St. Francis a strong faith community and enhance each man’s relationship with the parish.
- We are committed to giving our time, talents, skills, and experiences to all of our parishioners.
- We are committed to sharing, supporting, and being a community to each other.
- We reach out to others, particularly those in need, by following the example of St Francis, with the help of the Holy Spirit.
- We are committed to providing resources for boy scouts, eagle scouts, and special needs of the parish.
- We are committed to supporting annual events that promote faith sharing among the church community, such as, various fund raising events.
St. Francis Casino Night continues to be an amazing evening of fun and fellowship with parishioners and many guests. As a fundraiser, it has been a huge success raising over $120,000 for programs that include Mobile Loaves and Fishes, Youth Ministries, and in particular, to help our sister parishes, St. Timothy’s and the Immaculate Conception Church. Our 10th Annual Casino Night raised a record $20,000.
Men’s Club BBQ Chicken
An institution at of St. Francis, the Men’s Club Chicken BBQ occurs 4 times a year, providing delicious chicken to parishioners and raising funds for the Boy Scouts and a myriad of programs and projects throughout the parish.
Annual Golf Tournament
The Men’s Club and the Knights of Columbus partner to support a joint golf tournament to raise money for college scholarships for the active youth at St. Francis.
The Men’s Club host a monthly Pancake Breakfast on the last Sunday of the month. It is free to attendees, though many generously donate to the event. We earmark any proceeds to a specific St. Francis ministry each month.
Through its activities, the Men’s Club has provided financial support to:
- St. Timothy and Immaculate Conception Catholic Churches – an average of $10,000 per year in the last five years.
- Mobile Loaves and Fishes – an average of $5,000 per year.
- SFA Youth Ministries – an average of $4,200 per year.
- Boy Scouts – $2,000 annually.
- Scholarships – Sixteen $1,000 scholarships awarded in the last four years (Golf Tournament).
All these positive and helpful activities are fun events accomplished by the men of our parish, and we would like to share this opportunity of fellowship with you.
Calendar of Events 2017-2018
Monthly Meetings | 2nd Tuesday of Each Month
2017 October 28-29, November 4-5 | Membership Drive
2018 Last Sunday of the Month (Jan.-Oct.) | Pancake Breakfast
2018 January 13 | Brisket Feed
2018 January 21 | BBQ Chicken & Sausage Cook
2018 February 5 | Annual Golf Tournament with KoC
2018 April 15 | BBQ Chicken & Sausage Cook
2018 June 30 | Casino Night
2018 August 19 | BBQ Chicken & Sausage Cook
2018 October 7 | Parish Festival – BBQ Chicken Dinners
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can belong? Men of the parish.
- When do we meet? The second Tuesday of the month. It starts at 6:30pm, with light snacks and libations, convenes at 7:00pm.
- Are meetings mandatory? No. But members are expected to stay connected and help when possible. (Meeting minutes and announcements are e-mailed to all members).
- How much does it cost? Membership dues are $20, plus you receive a Men’s Club hat (Shirts are available for purchase).
- How do I join? You may contact one of the officers, listed on this flyer, or complete a registration form at the parish office, or complete the form online.
Want to join the Men’s Club? Click on the link below and register today!